Senior Mobile Data Core Architect & Strategist
Forget what you already know about us. That will always be yesterday’s Tele2. We change things - by challenging everything - every day. It may be the way people all over the world connect, work or socialize. Or it may be the way we ourselves work and operate here at Tele2. Change and challenge is in our DNA and has been since the day Tele2 was born. This takes fearlessness and courage. It takes a liberating and flexible workplace. And most important, it takes great people, with great potential, and the ability to work and develop in an ever-changing environment. People like you?
We are now looking for a skilled and experienced forward looking Senior Packet Core Architect & Strategist to continue develop our state of the art cloud journey and set the direction and strategy for the 5G roadmap.
This is the job...
You will be part of Network Strategy and Architecture – the unit responsible for the Tele2 Group Network Strategy being frontrunners in Technology shifts (e.g. cloud and 5G), and identifying and driving new Technologies that can be monetized. You will work across many different departments (e.g. IT, Product development, Legal, and the local Tele2 markets) as well as providing guidance to top management within the company.
- Responsible for setting and evolving Tele2 Group (all countries) Strategy & Architecture and high level design for the entire Packet Core Domain (SGSN/MME, EPC, NCN, PCRF, BGC).
- Setting the 5G Core and EPC interworking Strategy and design.
- Act as Tele2 spokesperson on the Tele2 Group strategy around the Packet core domain; both internally and externally.
- Master minding technical matters in Product Development initiatives, council project feasibilities and procurements.
- Drive efficiency in technical deployments and operation (e.g automation).
- Drive requirements towards Telco Vendors on achieving Tele2 cloud compatibility.
- Contributing in designing the Tele2 NFV infrastructure architecture to further support the ongoing Telco Application onboarding.
- Contributing in preparing Strategy presentations to Tele2 top management and Tele2 board.
We are serious about our ambition on having the world’s most efficient network run by the world’s most efficient organization. Are you the person we are looking for?
This is what you have…
- 8+ years total experience within Telecom and 3+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Extensive experience in Mobile Packet Core architecture and design.
- Extensive experience in PCC architecture.
- Good experience in IP networks.
- Good knowledge in ETSI NFV specifications incl. orchestration and automation.
- Experience and knowledge on CAT-M1 and NB-IOT is meriting.
- Experience in telco security is meriting.
In order to be successful at Tele2, it is essential that you are result driven, flexible and take responsibility in your way of work with focus on cost consciousness while still maintaining high quality. In other words, you are always looking for smarter and more efficient solutions.
- have strong networking skills and work well with peers at levels of the organization.
- Have the integrity to stand your ground where necessary and ability to clearly communicate recommendations and reasoning behind.
This is what Tele2 can do for you...
… a place in a flexible, approachable organization that is characterized by strong team spirit, high commitment and satisfaction, where your expertise will make a difference.
… extensive opportunities to exciting career moves within Tele2. With us, your future will be in your hands. We provide you with the opportunity to develop through internal training courses and further development programs.
… we take care of you, both in your role in the company, but also outside. With us, there are opportunities for flexible work and benefits in terms of health, parental allowance and pension.
As interviews are ongoing, please submit your application as soon as possible, but no later than December 31.