May 17, 2010 4:17 PM CET
Tele2 AB (publ) today announced that the Company's Annual General Meeting (AGM) held today voted to support all of the resolutions proposed to the AGM.
The AGM re-elected Mia Brunell Livfors, John Hepburn, Mike Parton, John Shakeshaft, Cristina Stenbeck and Jere Calmes and elected Lars Berg and Erik Mitteregger as directors of the Board for the period until the close of the next AGM. Further, the AGM elected Mike Parton as Chairman of the Board. The AGM discharged the directors of the Board and the CEO from liability for the financial year 2009. Further the AGM resolved in accordance with the proposal of the Board of Directors on an ordinary dividend of SEK 3.85 per share and an extraordinary dividend of SEK 2 per share, in total SEK 5.85 per share. The record date was decided to be Thursday 20 May 2010. The dividend is estimated to be paid out by Euroclear Sweden on Tuesday 25 May 2010.
The AGM resolved to:
- Set the remuneration to the Board of Directors for the period until the close of the next AGM in accordance with the following. A total Board remuneration of SEK 4,975,000, for the period until the close of the next Annual General Meeting, of which SEK 1,200,000 shall be allocated to the Chairman of the Board, SEK 450,000 to each of the directors of the Board and total SEK 625,000 for the work in the committees of the Board of Directors. For work within the Audit Committee it was resolved that SEK 200,000 shall be allocated to the Chairman and SEK 100,000 to each of the other three members and for work within the Remuneration Committee it was resolved that SEK 50,000 shall be allocated to the Chairman and SEK 25,000 to each of the other three members. Furthermore, it was resolved that the remuneration to the auditor shall be paid in accordance with approved invoices.
- Adopt the following procedure for preparation of the election of the Board of Directors and auditor. The work of preparing a proposal on the directors of the Board and auditor, in the case that an auditor should be elected, and their remuneration as well as the proposal on the Chairman of the Annual General Meeting of 2011 shall be performed by a Nomination Committee. The Nomination Committee will be formed during October 2010 in consultation with the largest shareholders of the Company as per 30 September 2010. The Nomination Committee will consist of at least three members representing the largest shareholders of the Company. The Nomination Committee is appointed for a term of office commencing at the time of the announcement of the third quarter report in 2010 and ending when a new Nomination Committee is formed. The majority of the members of the Committee may not be directors of the Board of Directors or employed by the Company. If a member of the Committee resigns before the work is concluded, a replacement member may be appointed after consultation with the largest shareholders of the Company. However, unless there are special circumstances, there shall not be changes in the composition of the Nomination Committee if there are only marginal changes in the number of votes, or if a change occurs less than three months prior to the Annual General Meeting. Cristina Stenbeck will be a member of the Committee and will also act as its convenor. The members of the Committee will appoint the Committee Chairman at their first meeting. The Nomination Committee shall have the right to upon request receive personnel resources such as secretarial services from the Company, and to charge the Company with costs for recruitment consultants if deemed necessary.
- Approved the proposed guidelines for remuneration to the senior executives.
- Adopt a performance based incentive programme (the "Plan"). The Plan includes in total approximately 150 senior executives and other key employees within the Tele2 group. The participants in the Plan are required to own shares in Tele2. These shares can either be shares already held or shares purchased on the market in connection with notification to participate in the Plan. Thereafter the participants will be granted, by the Company free of charge, retention rights and performance rights on the terms resolved by the AGM. Subject to fulfilment of certain retention and performance based conditions, the participant maintaining the employment within the Tele2 group at the date of the release of the interim report January - March 2013 and subject to the participant maintaining the invested shares, each right entitles the employee to receive one Class B share in the Tele2. The Plan has the same structure as the plan that was adopted at the 2009 AGM.
Maximum 1,180,000 Class C shares held by the Company after reclassification into Class B shares may be transferred to participants under the Plan.
- Authorise the Board of Directors to pass a resolution on one or more occasions for the period up until the next Annual General Meeting on repurchasing so many Class A and/or Class B shares that the Company's holding does not at any time exceed 10 percent of the total number of shares in the Company. The repurchase of shares shall take place on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm and may only occur at a price within the share price interval registered at that time, where share price interval means the difference between the highest buying price and lowest selling price. Furthermore, the Board of Directors was authorised to pass a resolution on one or more occasions for the period up until the next Annual General Meeting on transferring the Company's own Class A and/or Class B shares on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm or in connection with an acquisition of companies or businesses. The transfer of shares on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm may only occur at a price within the share price interval registered at that time. The authorisation includes the right to resolve on disapplication of the preferential rights of shareholders and that payment shall be able to be made in other forms than cash. The purpose of the authorisations is so that the Board of Directors obtains increased freedom to act and obtains the ability to continuously adapt the Company's capital structure and thereby contribute to increased shareholder value as well as have the ability to finance future acquisitions.
At the Constituent Board Meeting following the AGM, an Audit Committee and a Remuneration Committee were appointed. John Shakeshaft was appointed as Chairman of the Audit Committee and Mia Brunell Livfors, Jere Calmes and Erik Mitteregger were appointed as members of the committee. John Hepburn was appointed as Chairman of the Remuneration Committee and Mia Brunell Livfors, Jere Calmes and Mike Parton were appointed as members of the committee.
Lars Torstensson, Investor Inquiries, Telephone: +46 702 73 48 79
Pernilla Oldmark, Press Inquiries, Telephone: +46 704 26 45 45
TELE2 IS ONE OF EUROPE'S LEADING TELECOM OPERATORS, ALWAYS PROVIDING THE BEST DEAL. We have 28 million customers in 11 countries. Tele2 offers mobile services, fixed broadband and telephony, data network services, cable TV and content services. Ever since Jan Stenbeck founded the company in 1993, it has been a tough challenger to the former government monopolies and other established providers. Tele2 has been listed on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm since 1996. In 2009, we had net sales of SEK 39.5 billion and reported an operating profit (EBITDA) of SEK 9.4 billion.
Tele2 is required to make public the information in this press release in accordance with the Securities Market Act. The information was released for publication on 17 May, 2010 at 16:00 (CET).
Feb 26, 2019 1:00 PM CET Press release
Feb 13, 2019 7:00 AM CET Press release
Feb 13, 2019 7:00 AM CET Press release
Jan 22, 2019 8:00 AM CET Press release
Jan 2, 2019 12:00 PM CET Press release
Dec 28, 2018 8:45 AM CET Press release