With a vision to
lead in sustainability
In April 2020, Tele2 became the first telco in the Nordics and the Baltics to be climate neutral in its own operations. Following that, we set a new sustainability strategy with four focus areas and an overarching ambition to lead in sustainability.
The fundamental idea for Tele2’s sustainability strategy is to focus our efforts on areas where the nature of our business and services allows us to maximize our impact. We firmly believe sustainability efforts should go hand in hand with the core operations of a business. That is how companies and organizations can maximize their contributions to a more sustainable society at large.
To develop its new sustainability strategy, Tele2 conducted a comprehensive analysis of its past and future sustainability efforts, including gathering input from over 9,000 employees, consumers, B2B customers and investors. The analysis resulted in a number of sustainability areas where Tele2 can make a difference, with four areas that stood out as especially significant for both internal and external stakeholders, while also aligning with business strategy and relevant UN Sustainable Development Goals:
Our Focus Areas
Advance circular economy
Following becoming climate neutral in its own operations, Tele2 now focus on decreasing the environmental impact of its value chain, including vendors’ use of resources as well as customers’ reuse and recycle behavior.
Boost innovation for sustainability
Tele2 is committed to using its technology and connectivity expertise to drive the development of products and services that increase efficiency and creates sustainability value.
Diversity & Inclusion
Tele2 strives for an established, diverse and inclusive culture across all of our business. We truly believe that diversity fuels action and creativity.
Protect children in a connected society
As a leading internet provider, we have decided that this is an area where we can make a real difference. Our child protection efforts are all about creating a safer environment for children online.
Firmly integrated throughout Tele2
The new sustainability strategy is integrated into Tele2’s operations throughout the company, including both Sweden and the Baltics. It includes KPI:s and short-term activities within each focus area, as well as long-term targets which will guide Tele2 towards the ambition is to lead in sustainability. To further the sustainability agenda, responsibilities within Tele2 have been clearly defined and a percentage of all managers’ short-term incentive program will be directly dependent on sustainability targets.
– It is important for us that our sustainability efforts are focused on areas where we can maximize our impact. We firmly believe that our sustainability efforts should benefit us, our customers and the society at large. We can make a significant impact while also becoming more efficient and find new business opportunities, says Kjell Johnsen, President and CEO of Tele2.
In order to fulfill our vision to lead in sustainability, we have set a number of overarching goals, as well as defined short-term activities and long-term goals KPI:s within each focus area above. Our overarching goals are:
- Ensure sustainability is an integrated part of Tele2’s core business for our long-term success as a company.
- Drive a strong sustainability agenda which meets the demands of our key stakeholders, including customers, investors, and employees.
- Maximize our sustainability impact and the creation of shared value for all stakeholders.
- Deliver sustainable products and services which retains current customers and wins new ones.
- Increase resource efficiency to lower costs and energy consumption both in our own operations and our value chain.