Utilizing innovative technology to create B2C/B2B customer and sustainability value, advancing digital ethics, and decreasing the digital divide.
With a vision to
lead in sustainability
With a vision to lead in sustainability, our efforts are focused on
finding areas where sustainability enables business opportunities and supports our long-term success as a company
The fundamental idea for Tele2’s sustainability strategy is to focus our efforts on areas where the nature of our business and services allows us to maximize our impact. We firmly believe sustainability efforts should go hand in hand with the core operations of a business. That is how companies and organizations can maximize their contributions to a more sustainable society at large.
To develop its sustainability strategy, Tele2 conducted a comprehensive analysis of its past and future sustainability efforts, including gathering input from over 6,000 employees, consumers, B2B customers and investors. The analysis resulted in a number of sustainability areas where Tele2 can make a difference, with four areas that stood out as especially significant for both internal and external stakeholders, while also aligning with business strategy and relevant UN Sustainable Development Goals:
2. Advance circular economy to combat climate change
Tele2 will capture new business opportunities in all segments related to circular economy, reduce negative climate impact throughout our value chain in line with our science-based targets, and increase our rate of collection of mobile phones to 100 000.
3. Grow business with diversity, equity & inclusion
Striving for an industry-leading inclusion score, a sustainably diverse workforce, and a leadership gender balance of 40/60.
4. Protect children in a connected society
Establishing Tele2 as a market leader in child online protection, with a 10% annual increase in blocked attempts to access child sexual abuse material.
Firmly integrated throughout Tele2
The new sustainability strategy is integrated into Tele2’s operations throughout the company, including both Sweden and the Baltics. It includes KPI:s and short-term activities within each focus area, as well as long-term targets which will guide Tele2 towards the ambition is to lead in sustainability. To further the sustainability agenda, responsibilities within Tele2 have been clearly defined and a percentage of all managers’ short-term incentive program will be directly dependent on sustainability targets.
– It is important for us that our sustainability efforts are focused on areas where we can maximize our impact. We firmly believe that our sustainability efforts should benefit us, our customers and the society at large. We can make a significant impact while also becoming more efficient and find new business opportunities, says Kjell Johnsen, President and CEO of Tele2.
In order to fulfill our vision to lead in sustainability, we have set a number of overarching goals, as well as defined short-term activities and long-term goals KPI:s within each focus area above. Our overarching goals are:
- Ensure sustainability is an integrated part of Tele2’s core business for our long-term success as a company.
- Drive a strong sustainability agenda which meets the demands of our key stakeholders, including customers, investors, and employees.
- Maximize our sustainability impact and the creation of shared value for all stakeholders.
- Deliver sustainable products and services which retains current customers and wins new ones.
- Increase resource efficiency to lower costs and energy consumption both in our own operations and our value chain.