Tele2 presents expanded Group Leadership Team
Tele2 presents its expanded Group Leadership Team which will now include two additional members representing key strategic areas.
Yogesh Malik has been appointed Executive Vice President CTIO and will lead the new combined technology and IT unit. Yogesh has held many senior roles in multinational companies over the last 15 years including Group CTO at VEON, Head of Group Technology at Telenor ASA and CEO at Telenor India as well as served at the board of GSMA, the global mobile network operators association. Yogesh will start his position on January 12, 2021 and report to CEO Kjell Johnsen. Thomas Helbo, EVP Technology, and Joss Delissen, EVP IT, will leave Tele2 after a handover period.
– Close collaboration between network and IT will be necessary for our success as we spend the next few years laying the foundation for a future proof telco with the modernization of the network, rollout of 5G and IT transformation. With a track record as a competent leader and driver of technological transformation, Yogesh brings exactly the kind of experience and perspective needed to lead this new unit through the next phase of development. I would like to thank Joss Delissen and Thomas Helbo for their important contributions to Tele2 during the years and I wish them all the best going forward, says Kjell Johnsen, President and Group CEO.
Stefan Trampus has been appointed Executive Vice President Tele2 B2B and will lead the Swedish B2B unit. Stefan is currently Director of the Network Operator business and CEO of Tele2’s subsidiary iTUX. He has extensive leadership experience from more than 20 years in the Swedish telecommunication industry including senior roles such as Chief Sales Officer at Com Hem, Head of the B2B and Landlord business units at Com Hem and Head of Broadband Services at Telia Sweden. Stefan will start his new position on January 18, 2021 and report to CEO Kjell Johnsen. He will also remain in his role as CEO of iTUX. Mats Almgren, who was expected to start his appointment as Executive Vice President Tele2 B2B on January 18, 2021 will not join Tele2 due to personal reasons.
– The Swedish B2B market is facing challenges and Tele2 needs strong leadership to realize the full potential of our B2B business. I am confident that Stefan’s long experience as a leader in Swedish telecom will be an asset as he executes on the turnaround of the B2B unit. In addition, this is a great opportunity to further explore potential synergies between the Network Operator and Landlord business and B2B says Kjell Johnsen, President and Group CEO.
Group Leadership Team
Tele2’s Group Leadership Team will from January 18, 2021 consist of:
- Kjell Johnsen, President and Group CEO
- Mikael Larsson, EVP Group CFO
- Karin Svensson, EVP People and Change
- Kim Hagberg, EVP Chief Operations
- Samuel Skott, EVP Chief Commercial Officer
- Stefan Backman, EVP Group General Counsel and Director Wholesale Business
- Stefan Trampus, EVP Tele2 B2B
- Yogesh Malik, EVP CTIO
For more information and the CVs of the Group Leadership Team, please visit www.tele2.com.
For more information, please contact:
Joel Ibson, Head of Corporate Communications, Phone: +46 766 26 44 00
Marcus Lindberg, Head of Investor Relations, Phone: +46 73 439 25 40
Tele2’s vision is to be the smartest telco in the world, creating a society of unlimited possibilities. Ever since Tele2 was founded in 1993, we have continued to challenge prevailing norms and dusty monopolies. Today, our award-winning networks enable mobile and fixed connectivity, telephony, data network services, TV, streaming and global IoT solutions for millions of customers. We drive growth through customer satisfaction and smart combined offerings. Tele2 has been listed on Nasdaq Stockholm since 1996. In 2019, Tele2 generated revenue of SEK 28 billion and reported an underlying EBITDAaL of SEK 9 billion. For latest news and definitions of measures, please see our homepage www.tele2.com.