Interim Report Second Quarter 2022
- Having reached the half-way point of 2022, we are pleased to see our efforts paying off and that we are on a steady course to deliver on our 2022 guidance. Tele2 is at heart a growth-oriented company and it means a lot to us when we see that all major business lines are getting into growth territory. Shareholders have received a total of SEK 16.40 in dividends during Q2 after the successful closing of our sale in the Netherlands and payment of the first tranche of our ordinary dividend, further showing Tele2’s commitment to our shareholder remuneration policy. The operating environment is challenging for many industries, with high energy prices and increasing inflation. We are partly hedged against some of these threats and are benefitting from the improvements we are making to our business. Our ambition to continue delivering in accordance with our mid-term guidance is therefore fully realistic and with the initiatives we already have set in motion, we consider ourselves well underway to realize the ambition we have set forth for this year, says Kjell Johnsen, President and CEO of Tele2.
- End-user service revenue of SEK 5.0 billion increased by 3% compared to Q2 2021 on an organic basis due to strong performance in the Baltics, Sweden B2B and slight tailwind from roaming.
- Total revenue of SEK 6.8 billion increased by 3% compared to Q2 2021 on an organic basis.
- Underlying EBITDAaL of SEK 2.5 billion increased by 3% organically compared to Q2 2021 driven by end-user service revenue growth and cost savings related to the Business Transformation Program.
- Profit after financial items (EBT) of SEK 1.02 billion an increase from SEK 0.97 billion in Q2 2021.
- Net profit from total operations of SEK 0.8 billion (SEK 1.23 per share) decreased by SEK 0.5 billion compared to Q2 2021, mainly related to a settled dispute from previously divested operations and the release of a provision in Q2 2021.
- Equity free cash flow from continuing operations of SEK 0.7 (1.3) billion. Over the last twelve months, SEK 5.3 billion was generated, equivalent to SEK 7.7 per share.
- First tranche of ordinary dividend and the extraordinary dividend from T-Mobile Netherlands transaction paid during the quarter.
- Successfully issued first sustainability linked bond.
Teleconference and webcast
Tele2 will host a teleconference and webcast with presentation at 10:00 CEST (09:00 BST, 04:00 EDT) on Tuesday 19 July 2022. The presentation will be held in English and will be available as a webcast at www.tele2.com.
To make sure you are connected in time for the teleconference, please dial in a few minutes in advance and register your attendance. Use Confirmation Code 69774526#.
SWE: +46 (0) 8 566 426 51
UK: +44 (0) 333 300 0804
US: +1 631 913 1422
For more information, please contact:
Samuel Maher, Interim Corporate Communications Manager, Phone: +46 73 159 55 02
Patrik Johannesson, Head of Investor Relations, Phone: +46 73 966 83 84
This information is information that Tele2 AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 07:00 CEST on July 19, 2022.