Interim Report Third Quarter 2017
“The third quarter was a test of our ability to operate in a dynamic environment, as we saw the full effect of Europe’s new roaming regime, the new Dutch consumer credit regulation and our new service offerings which we launched across our markets in the first half of 2017.”
- Tele2 AB’s net sales for the third quarter amounted to SEK 7,542 (6,674) million and EBITDA amounted to SEK 1,848 (1,523) million
- Mobile end-user service revenue growth of 9 percent, or 7 percent on a like-for-like basis
- Free cash flow of SEK 2.3 billion YTD, providing the possibility of reaching full dividend cover for financial year 2017
- Strong uptake of new mobile commercial propositions driving double digit end-user service revenue and EBITDA growth in the Baltics, Netherlands and Kazakhstan
- In July, Tele2 agreed to sell its Austrian operation to Hutchison Drei Austria GmbH
- 2017 financial guidance upgraded (see page 5 in the report)
The report is available on www.tele2.com
Presentation Q3 2017 results
Tele2 will host a presentation with the possibility to join through a conference call, for the global financial community at 10:15 am CEST (09:15 am BST/04:15 am EDT) on Thursday, October 19, 2017. The presentation will be held in English and also made available as a webcast on Tele2’s website: www.tele2.com.
To ensure that you are connected to the conference call, please dial in a few minutes before the start of the conference call to register your attendance. Ask for Tele2 Q3 Interim Report 2017.
SE: +46 (0)8 5065 3936
UK: +44 (0)20 3427 1904
US: +1 646 254 3360
For more information, please contact:
Angelica Gustafsson, Head of Public Relations, Tele2 AB, Phone: +46 704 26 41 42
Erik Strandin Pers, Head of Investor Relations, Tele2 AB, Phone: +46 733 41 41 88
This information is information that Tele2 AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 07:00 CEST on October 19, 2017.
TELE2’S MISSION IS TO FEARLESSLY LIBERATE PEOPLE TO LIVE A MORE CONNECTED LIFE. We believe the connected life is a better life, and so our aim is to make connectivity increasingly accessible to our customers, no matter where or when they need it. Ever since Jan Stenbeck founded the company in 1993, it has been a tough challenger to the former government monopolies and other established providers. Tele2 offers mobile services, fixed broadband and telephony, data network services, content services and global IoT solutions. Every day our 17 million customers across 9 countries enjoy a fast and wireless experience through our award winning networks. Tele2 has been listed on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm since 1996. In 2016, Tele2 had net sales of SEK 28 billion and reported an operating profit (EBITDA) of SEK 5.3 billion. For definitions of measures, please see the last pages of the Annual Report 2016. Follow @Tele2group on Twitter for the latest updates.