Tele2’s Annual and Sustainability Report 2020
Highlights from the Annual Report 2020:
- Progressed the more-for-more strategy in Sweden and achieved a good uptake of mobile postpaid subscriptions and a continued conversion from prepaid.
- Continued momentum and growth in the Baltics, executing on the mobile-centric convergence strategy, including launching video services.
- First operator to launch real 5G in a public network in Sweden and first operator with 5G in Latvia.
- Concluded Tele2’s international consolidation by divesting businesses in Germany and Croatia.
- Successfully navigated through the pandemic and delivered financially on guidance, ending the year with underlying EBITDAaL growth of 2 percent.
Highlights from the Sustainability Report 2020:
- First operator within the Nordics and the Baltics to be climate neutral in its own operations.
- Initiated new partnerships with Civil Rights Defenders and the Swedish Prince Carl Philip and Sofia’s Foundation.
- Maintained top rating from MSCI ESG (AAA), increased ISS ESG rating to C+ (prime) and achieved a CDP climate change rating of B–, above industry, EU and global averages.
- Initiated the renewal of Tele2’s sustainability strategy, which was launched in January 2021.
– I would like to thank all Tele2 employees for delivering and taking so much responsibility throughout a challenging year! We now have an experienced management team in place and have made key decisions on how we organize our business going forward. Our 5G rollout is set in motion and we have clarity that makes us confident in our stated mid-term targets. We will now focus on execution as we build on Tele2’s strong foundations to become smarter, provide even better customer experience and deliver more value to our shareholders, says Kjell Johnsen, President and CEO of Tele2.
For more information, please contact:
Joel Ibson, Head of Corporate Communications, Phone: +46 766 26 44 00
Marcus Lindberg, Head of Investor Relations, Phone: +46 73 439 25 40
Tele2’s vision is to be the smartest telco in the world, creating a society of unlimited possibilities. Ever since Tele2 was founded in 1993, we have continued to challenge prevailing norms and dusty monopolies. Today, our award winning networks enable mobile and fixed connectivity, telephony, data network services, TV, streaming and global IoT solutions for millions of customers. We drive growth through customer satisfaction and smart combined offerings. Tele2 has been listed on Nasdaq Stockholm since 1996. In 2020, Tele2 generated revenue of SEK 27 billion and reported an underlying EBITDAaL of SEK 9 billion. For latest news and definitions of measures, please see our homepage www.tele2.com.