Sep 15, 2011 11:39 AM CET
CMD2011 Summaries: Fredrik Linton
We Operate in an Industry with a Bright Future
Increased value of connectivity is the outcome from a number of trends that will be influencing the communication market in 2020:
- Users expect to always be connected and have access.
- Devices are becoming an extension of ourselves. It will all be connected.
- Services will be digitalized.
- Access/Technologies will enhance performance.
- New types of competition will emerge in the industry.
All these trends have implications for the operator industry:
- Operator takes key a ”access provider” role.
- Develop business models.
- Manage the shift from voice to data.
- Need to increase scale and cost efficiency.