Interim Report Third Quarter 2019
CEO comment by Anders Nilsson
Nine months into the year we are on track to deliver on the full-year guidance with improving trends in the Sweden Consumer segment and continued execution in the Baltics. We realized an additional SEK 150m of synergies from the Com Hem integration and raise our year-end runrate target to SEK 750 million. The proceeds from the transactions in Kazakhstan and the Netherlands were distributed to shareholders in August through an extraordinary dividend of SEK 6 per share. Tele2’s mobile network was recognized as best in Sweden in the P3 Mobile Benchmark 2019 test. We made operational progress in the Swedish consumer segment, strengthening our more-for-more strategy with updated Tele2 price plans, and continued to grow our fixed mobile convergence (FMC) base with 141,000 customers now on FMC-offers.
- Revenue of SEK 6.9 billion, flat compared to Q3 2018 on an organic basis
- End-user service revenue of SEK 5.1 billion, flat compared to Q3 2018 on an organic basis
- Organic growth of 5 percent in underlying EBITDA, excluding IFRS 16, to SEK 2.5 billion for the Group
- Organic growth of 4 percent in underlying EBITDA, excluding IFRS 16, to SEK 2.0 billion in Sweden, driven by synergies from the Com Hem merger
- Net profit from total operations almost doubled to SEK 1.0 billion and equity free cash flow increased by 67 percent, to SEK 1.8 billion, driven by the Com Hem merger
- Profit after financial items (EBT) was SEK 1.3 billion (0.9 billion)
- Earnings per share after dilution was SEK 1.50 (0.99)
- Financial guidance unchanged for end-user service revenue and underlying EBITDA excluding IFRS 16, while capex 2019 is lowered to SEK 2.3-2.6 billion (previously SEK 2.6-2.9 billion)
Teleconference and webcast
Tele2 will host a teleconference and webcast with presentation today, at 10:00 CEST (09:00 BST, 04:00 EDT) on Thursday, October 17, 2019. The presentation will be held in English and will also be available as a webcast at Tele2’s website: www.tele2.com
To make sure you are connected in time for the teleconference, please dial in a few minutes in advance and register your attendance. Use Confirmation Code 3198316.
SE: +46 (0) 8 50 69 21 80
UK: +44 (0) 2071 928000
US: +1 631 510 74 95
For more information, please contact:
Joel Ibson, Head of Corporate Communications, Phone: +46 766 26 44 00
Marcus Lindberg, Head of Investor Relations, Phone: +46 73 439 25 40
This information is information that Tele2 AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 07:00 CEST on October 17, 2019.
TELE2’S MISSION IS TO FEARLESSLY LIBERATE PEOPLE TO LIVE A MORE CONNECTED LIFE. We constantly strive to be the truly integrated challenger – providing speed, data and video content, no matter where or when. Ever since Tele2 was founded in 1993, we have continued to challenge prevailing norms and dusty monopolies. Today, our award winning networks enable mobile and fixed connectivity, telephony, data network services, TV, streaming and global IoT solutions for millions of customers. We drive growth through customer satisfaction and smart combined offerings. Tele2 has been listed on Nasdaq Stockholm since 1996. In 2018, Tele2 generated revenue of SEK 30 billion and reported an underlying EBITDA of SEK 9 billion. For latest news and definitions of measures, please see our homepage www.tele2.com