Swedish mobile network audit concluded
Tele2 initiated the audit of its mobile network on 1 July 2019 in response to the major outages Tele2 experienced in Sweden during the first half of 2019. The audit was led by the external management consultant company Analysys Mason in close cooperation with Tele2’s Technology organization.
Tele2’s conclusions following the audit:
- Tele2 has an excellent Radio Access Network (RAN) with great coverage
- Tele2’s planned core network upgrades are in line with audit recommendations, without need to further increase capex investments
- Simplification, standardization and automation will be key going forward to avoid a complex network setup
- Tele2’s network organization and its operational model can be improved to further increase operational excellence
- Operational processes and routines related to managing changes, incidents and technology life cycles can be further improved within the new integrated network organization
- Following Tele2’s international consolidation, the positive synergies from Tele2’s shared Network Operations Center (NOC) in Riga no longer justify the added complexity and loss of speed the setup entails – consolidating the Swedish NOC is a natural next step
- Working in even closer cooperation with suppliers will further improve capacity management and incident handling
– The audit provides crucial insights and points out areas where we can improve our operations and the way we work. Our customers should know that we take these findings seriously and we have initiated a dedicated program to implement improvements while we continue to build a truly integrated operator, say Thomas Helbo, EVP Technology, Tele2.
Changes already initiated
Tele2’s Technology organization, handling the mobile and fixed connectivity in Sweden, was reorganized and optimized already this summer, as part of the integration plans following the merger with Com Hem. The next step will be consolidating the Swedish NOC to Tele2’s HQ in Kista, Sweden.– The audit findings strengthen our confidence in many of the changes we had already planned for, or even initiated. For example, the consolidation of the Swedish NOC had been in planning for a while now, and we started the actual move earlier this month. At the same time, other audit findings also highlight changes that we need to prioritize, says Thomas Helbo, EVP Technology, Tele2.
For more information, please contact:
Joel Ibson, Head of Corporate Communications, Phone: +46 766 26 44 00
Marcus Lindberg, Head of Investor Relations, Phone: +46 73 439 25 40
TELE2’S MISSION IS TO FEARLESSLY LIBERATE PEOPLE TO LIVE A MORE CONNECTED LIFE. We constantly strive to be the truly integrated challenger – providing speed, data and video content, no matter where or when. Ever since Tele2 was founded in 1993, we have continued to challenge prevailing norms and dusty monopolies. Today, our award winning networks enable mobile and fixed connectivity, telephony, data network services, TV, streaming and global IoT solutions for millions of customers. We drive growth through customer satisfaction and smart combined offerings. Tele2 has been listed on Nasdaq Stockholm since 1996. In 2018, Tele2 generated revenue of SEK 30 billion and reported an underlying EBITDA of SEK 9 billion. For latest news and definitions of measures, please see our homepage www.tele2.com