Annual General Meeting 2018
The AGM re-elected Sofia Arhall Bergendorff, Anders Björkman, Georgi Ganev, Cynthia Gordon, Eamonn O'Hare and Carla Smits-Nusteling as directors of the Board, and elected Georgi Ganev as new Chairman of the Board.
The AGM re-elected Deloitte as auditor until the close of the 2019 AGM. Thomas Strömberg will continue as auditor-in-charge.
The AGM approved the annual report for 2017 and resolved on a dividend of SEK 4.00 per share. The record date was decided to be Wednesday 23 May 2018. The dividend is estimated to be paid out to the shareholders on Monday 28 May 2018.
The AGM discharged the directors of the Board and the CEO from liability for the financial year 2017.
The AGM also resolved to:
- approve remuneration to the Board and auditor and the procedure for the Nomination Committee (to apply until a resolution regarding a change of the procedure for appointing the Nomination Committee is resolved by the general meeting);
- approve guidelines for the remuneration to senior executives;
- adopt a target and performance based incentive programme, including resolutions to authorise the Board to resolve on a new issue of no more than 1,750,000 Class C shares and to repurchase all Class C shares in the company, and resolutions to transfer no more than 2,490,000 own Class B-shares to the participants in the programme authorise the Board to resolve to sell own Class-B shares e.g. for the purpose to cover certain costs in relation to resolved equity-related incentive programmes;
- approve additional allocation under the incentive programme to approximately 40 Com Hem employees subject to completion of the previously communicated merger between Tele2 and Com Hem;
- authorise the Board to pass a resolution on one or more occasions for the period up until the next Annual General Meeting to repurchase so many Class A and/or Class B shares that Tele2's holding does not at any time exceed 10 per cent of the total number of issued Tele2 shares; and
- dismiss shareholder proposals.
At the constituent board meeting following the AGM, an Audit Committee and a Remuneration Committee were appointed. Carla Smits-Nusteling was appointed as Chairman of the Audit Committee and Georgi Ganev and Cynthia Gordon were appointed as members of the Audit Committee. Georgi Ganev was appointed as Chairman of the Remuneration Committee and Anders Björkman was appointed as member of the Remuneration Committee.
For more information, please contact:
Viktor Wallström, EVP Group Communications, Tele2 AB, Phone: +46 703 63 53 27
Erik Strandin Pers, Head of Investor Relations, Tele2 AB, Phone: +46 733 41 41 88
This information is information that Tele2 AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 17:30 CEST on May 21, 2018.
TELE2’S MISSION IS TO FEARLESSLY LIBERATE PEOPLE TO LIVE A MORE CONNECTED LIFE. We believe the connected life is a better life, and so our aim is to make connectivity increasingly accessible to our customers, no matter where or when they need it. Ever since Jan Stenbeck founded the company in 1993, it has been a tough challenger to the former government monopolies and other established providers. Tele2 offers mobile services, fixed broadband and telephony, data network services, content services and global IoT solutions. Every day our 17 million customers across 8 countries enjoy a fast and wireless experience through our award winning networks. Tele2 has been listed on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm since 1996. In 2017, Tele2 had net sales of SEK 25 billion and reported an EBITDA of SEK 6.4 billion. For definitions of measures, please see the last pages of the Annual Report 2017. Follow @Tele2group on Twitter for the latest updates