Tele2’s Sustainability Report 2019: Committed to lead in sustainability
Key highlights from Tele2’s sustainability efforts 2019:
- MSCI AAA-rating maintained, top 9 percent globally within telecommunication services industry.
- 35th place in Equileap’s 2019 Gender Equality Global Ranking & Report, ranked second among all Swedish companies and third among telecom companies globally.
- Two out of three Swedish recruits were women, a first important step towards Tele2’s commitment to achieve a gender balanced organization in Sweden by 2023.
- We have executed on our sustainability strategy, for Tele2 to become an even more sustainable business. Including improving how we address targets within United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals, as well as a commitment to science-based targets for greenhouse gas emissions reduction to limit global warming.
- Tele2 celebrated two years as carbon neutral in Sweden, with 100 percent electricity from renewable sources and remaining emissions offset by UNFCCC Gold Standard renewable energy projects.
- In line with Tele2’s new vision is to be the smartest telco in the world, creating a society of unlimited possibilities, the company has made a promise to lead in sustainability. By finding smarter ways of doing things, making brave decisions, and being unconventional, our ambition is to be a sustainable market leader.
– Sustainability should be on everyone’s agenda. It’s certainly becoming even more important for Tele2 and for both our internal and external stakeholders. Our ambition is to lead in sustainability. We want to decrease our negative environmental impact and increase our positive social impact, while we continue to grow our business. I am very proud of the progress that we have made in 2019, and it is with a strong confidence that we enter a new decade of sustainable business and sustainable growth, says Anders Nilsson, CEO and President of Tele2 .
For more information, please contact:
Joel Ibson, Head of Corporate Communications, Phone: +46 766 26 44 00
Marcus Lindberg, Head of Investor Relations, Phone: +46 73 439 25 40
Tele2’s vision is to be the smartest telco in the world, creating a society of unlimited possibilities. Ever since Tele2 was founded in 1993, we have continued to challenge prevailing norms and dusty monopolies. Today, our award winning networks enable mobile and fixed connectivity, telephony, data network services, TV, streaming and global IoT solutions for millions of customers. We drive growth through customer satisfaction and smart combined offerings. Tele2 has been listed on Nasdaq Stockholm since 1996. In 2019, Tele2 generated revenue of SEK 28 billion and reported an underlying EBITDAaL of SEK 9 billion. For latest news and definitions of measures, please see our homepage www.tele2.com.