Annual General Meeting 2020
The AGM re-elected Andrew Barron, Anders Björkman, Georgi Ganev, Cynthia Gordon, Eva Lindqvist, Lars-Åke Norling and Carla Smits-Nusteling as directors of the Board, and re-elected Carla Smits-Nusteling as Chairman of the Board.
The AGM re-elected Deloitte as auditor until the end of the 2021 AGM. Didrik Roos will be appointed as new auditor-in-charge.
The AGM approved the annual report for 2019 and resolved on a dividend of SEK 5.50 per share to be paid in two equal instalments of SEK 2.75 per share each. The record date for the first dividend payment was decided to be Wednesday 13 May 2020 and for the second dividend payment Friday 2 October 2020. The dividend is estimated to be paid out to the shareholders on Monday 18 May 2020 and Wednesday 7 October 2020, respectively.
The AGM discharged the directors of the Board and the CEOs from liability for the financial year 2019.
The AGM also resolved to:
- approve remuneration to the Board and auditor;
- approve new updated guidelines for the remuneration to senior executives;
- adopt a target and performance based incentive programme (LTI 2020), including resolutions to authorise the Board to resolve on a new issue of no more than 3,000,000 Class C shares and to repurchase all Class C shares in the company, and to authorise the Board to resolve to sell own Class B shares for the purpose to cover costs in relation to Tele2s long-term incentive programmes LTI 2018 – LTI 2020. The AGM did not approve transfer of own Class B shares to the participants in LTI 2020, and the Board will therefore come back with a proposal or information regarding method for delivery of shares according to the programme;
- authorise the Board to pass a resolution on one or more occasions for the period up until the next Annual General Meeting to repurchase so many Class A and/or Class B shares that Tele2's holding does not at any time exceed 10 per cent of the total number of issued Tele2 shares;
- amend the Articles of Association e.g. to allow the Board to collect powers of attorney and decide that shareholders shall have the right to provide their votes before a General Meeting; and
- dismiss proposals from shareholders.
At the constituent Board meeting following the AGM, Andrew Barron was appointed as deputy Chairman of the Board. In addition, an Audit Committee and a Remuneration Committee were appointed. Eva Lindqvist was appointed as Chairman of the Audit Committee and Lars-Åke Norling, Cynthia Gordon and Carla Smits-Nusteling were appointed as members of the Audit Committee. Andrew Barron was appointed as Chairman of the Remuneration Committee and Lars-Åke Norling and Anders Björkman was appointed as members of the Remuneration Committee.
For more information, please contact:
Joel Ibson, Head of Corporate Communications, Phone: +46 766 26 44 00
Marcus Lindberg, Head of Investor Relations, Phone: +46 73 439 25 40
Tele2’s vision is to be the smartest telco in the world, creating a society of unlimited possibilities. Ever since Tele2 was founded in 1993, we have continued to challenge prevailing norms and dusty monopolies. Today, our award winning networks enable mobile and fixed connectivity, telephony, data network services, TV, streaming and global IoT solutions for millions of customers. We drive growth through customer satisfaction and smart combined offerings. Tele2 has been listed on Nasdaq Stockholm since 1996. In 2019, Tele2 generated revenue of SEK 28 billion and reported an underlying EBITDAaL of SEK 9 billion. For latest news and definitions of measures, please see our homepage www.tele2.com.