Mobile, broadband and entertainment converges in one brand as Com Hem becomes Tele2
The merger of the companies Tele2 and Com Hem, Sweden’s second largest operator and Sweden’s largest provider of broadband and entertainment, was concluded on 5 November 2018. For the two brands Tele2 and Com Hem, it was the starting point of a greater journey to become even better together, as one combined brand.
– This is a strategic move we have been planning for several years. It is a big and important step, but also just the beginning of the journey we make together. Going forward, we will be able to provide new combinations of connectivity and entertainment, while the customer experience will be continuously more simplified as we become more efficient. For example, by having one premium brand instead of two, we can decrease the number of internal systems and understand our customers even better. I am convinced this will result in both more and happier customers, says Kjell Johnsen, President and CEO of Tele2.
Two of Sweden’s strongest brands combined
Com Hem’s 1.7 million households have today joined the Tele2 family. As such, Sweden’s first climate neutral operator[i] now provides nationwide mobile connectivity, upgraded broadband and Sweden’s largest entertainment offering at one single point of sale – the new tele2.se. Customers subscribing to several services from Tele2 will receive rewards and benefits. Moreover, all Com Hem houses will be upgraded to Tele2 houses with more fiber and new technology.
– Together, we will become unlimited. We will be able to offer completely new combinations of services and provide both benefits and better offerings for customers with multiple services from us. Already today, we have hundreds of thousands of customers with benefits such as double mobile data and double broadband speeds because they have several services from our brands. With one webpage, one combined customer service and one retail chain, we will also become more distinct and can provide a simplified customer experience, says Samuel Skott, EVP Chief Commercial Officer at Tele2.
Examples of offerings and benefits at launch*
- New Tele2 customers can choose from unlimited mobile data, broadband or TV Gold for SEK 199 per month.
- Previous Tele2 mobile customers can add broadband or pay-tv without a start fee.
- Customers who gather their services with Tele2 can receive benefits such as double mobile data, double broadband speed and extra data cards.
- All broadband customers with a mobile subscription from Tele2 can receive “Surf Guarantee”, which allows 50 GB data to be added to their mobile subscription if the broadband goes down for some reason.
- All Tele2 customers can now add the “Trygg Surf” service to their mobile subscription with three free months. The service makes it possible to filter content such as violence, gambling and porn, for example to provide children with a safer experience online.
Visit tele2.se for full details about each offering. Benefits and the Surf Guarantee can be activated via the Tele2 App or through customer service.
For more information, please contact:
Joel Ibson, Head of Corporate Communications, Phone: +46 766 26 44 00
Marcus Lindberg, Head of Investor Relations, Phone: +46 73 439 25 40
Tele2’s vision is to be the smartest telco in the world, creating a society of unlimited possibilities. Ever since Tele2 was founded in 1993, we have continued to challenge prevailing norms and dusty monopolies. Today, our networks enable mobile and fixed connectivity, telephony, data network services, TV, streaming and global IoT solutions for millions of customers. We drive growth through customer satisfaction and smart combined offerings. Tele2 has been listed on Nasdaq Stockholm since 1996. In 2020, Tele2 generated revenue of SEK 27 billion and reported an underlying EBITDAaL of SEK 9 billion. For latest news and definitions of measures, please see our homepage www.tele2.com.
[i] In April 2020, Tele2 was the first operator in the Nordics and the Baltics to become climate neutral within its own operations (Scope 1 and Scope 2 according to the established GHG Protocol Corporate Standard).