Tele2 steps up collaboration with Reach for Change
– To achieve the Agenda 2030 goals we need to strive for change across all sectors. We believe that Tele2 can make a bigger difference by deepening our collaboration with Reach for Change and by learning from each other. In addition, this will be an important way to engage people on sustainability internally, says Erik Wottrich, Head of Sustainability at Tele2.
Tele2 has supported Reach for Change's support program for social entrepreneurs for over 10 years. The organizations have accomplished specific projects together in Sweden for newly arrived and unaccompanied children and youth. Tele2 and Reach for Change are deepening the collaboration to achieve the organizations’ respective goals, where Tele2 wants to lead in sustainability and Reach for Change aims to reach 30 million children and young people globally by 2030.
– Since the beginning of 2010, Reach for Change has worked closely together with the business community. As things are today, it is clearer than ever that we need to use each other's strengths to pass on a better world to our children and young people. That is why it is so exciting to be able to deepen our collaboration with such a leading player in sustainability as Tele2, says Sofia Breitholtz, CEO of Reach for Change.
The new collaboration consists of four parts:
- Expert assistance to a selected social entrepreneur in the support program, where Tele2 provides year-long in-depth support in areas that lie close to Tele2's core business and that can help the entrepreneur to accelerate their development. In 2022, the organization Locker Room Talk will receive extra help. Locker Room Talk creates target group-adapted methods based on team sports & school changing rooms for boys and their leaders in value-based leadership, non-discriminatory sports and emotional intelligence. Locker Room Talk works with virtual reality as a tool for training leaders. With the help of Tele2's mobile connectivity the opportunities to reach more people increases.
- All social entrepreneurs at Reach for Change will be offered free mobile connectivity.
- Training from Tele2's employees who will lead workshops and trainings in their respective areas of expertise. Employees will also be involved in specific assignments for Reach for Change's social entrepreneurs, which can be anything from website development to the development of sales strategies.
- Influence opinion where the organizations will work actively together to increase awareness of social entrepreneurship and "tech as an enabler" through for example roundtable discussions and events.
- To be selected as the first organization to receive in-depth support and advice from Tele2 thanks to Reach for Change comes at just the right time as Locker Room Talk will release several new activities in 2022 and with this support we can step up our ambitions, says Shanga Aziz, co-founder of Locker Room Talk.
For more information, please contact:
Samuel Maher, Interim Corporate Communications Manager, Phone: +46 73 159 55 02
Tele2’s purpose is to enable a society of unlimited possibilities. Ever since Tele2 was founded in 1993, we have continued to challenge prevailing norms and dusty monopolies. Today our networks enable mobile and fixed connectivity, telephony, data network services, TV, streaming and global IoT solutions for millions of customers. We drive growth through customer satisfaction and smart combined offerings. Tele2 has been listed on Nasdaq Stockholm since 1996. In 2021, Tele2 generated revenue of SEK 27 billion and reported an underlying EBITDAaL of SEK 10 billion. For latest news and definitions of measures, please see our homepage www.tele2.com.