Tele2's Sustainability Report 2019
Committed to lead in sustainability
Tele2's Sustainability Report 2019 highlights how sustainability has been an integral aspect throughout a very eventful and transitional 2019. As such, Tele2 is now set up to fulfill its promise to lead in sustainability.
Key highlights from Tele2’s sustainability efforts 2019:
- MSCI AAA-rating maintained, top 9 percent globally within telecommunication services industry.
- 35th place in Equileap’s 2019 Gender Equality Global Ranking & Report, ranked second among all Swedish companies and third among telecom companies globally.
- Two out of three Swedish recruits were women, a first important step towards Tele2’s commitment to achieve a gender balanced organization in Sweden by 2023.
- We have executed on our sustainability strategy, for Tele2 to become an even more sustainable business. Including improving how we address targets within United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals, as well as a commitment to science-based targets for greenhouse gas emissions reduction to limit global warming.
- Tele2 celebrated two years as carbon neutral in Sweden, with 100 percent electricity from renewable sources and remaining emissions offset by UNFCCC Gold Standard renewable energy projects.
- In line with Tele2’s new vision is to be the smartest telco in the world, creating a society of unlimited possibilities, the company has made a promise to lead in sustainability. By finding smarter ways of doing things, making brave decisions, and being unconventional, our ambition is to be a sustainable market leader.
Sustainability should be on everyone’s agenda. It’s certainly becoming even more important for Tele2 and for both our internal and external stakeholders. Our ambition is to lead in sustainability. We want to decrease our negative environmental impact and increase our positive social impact, while we continue to grow our business. I am very proud of the progress that we have made in 2019, and it is with a strong confidence that we enter a new decade of sustainable business and sustainable growth, says Anders Nilsson, CEO and President of Tele2 .