Committed to lead in sustainability
Tele2's Sustainability Report 2020 highlights how sustainability has been an integral aspect throughout a very eventful and transitional 2020. As such, Tele2 is using its solid foundation to take the next steps towards its promise to lead in sustainability.
Key highlights from Tele2’s sustainability efforts 2020:
- First operator within the Nordics and the Baltics to be climate neutral in its own operations, reducing scope 1 and 2 emissions by over 85 000 tons CO2 per year.
- Initiated new partnerships with Civil Rights Defenders and the Swedish Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia’s Foundation.
- Maintained top rating from MSCI ESG (AAA), increased ISS ESG rating to C+ (prime) and achieved a CDP climate change rating of B–, above industry, EU and global averages.
- Submitted Science-based targets for approval, and calculated CO2-emissions in scope 3 (value chain).
- Diversity & inclusion efforts praised by UN Women in a case study regarding principle 2 of the Women’s Empowerment Principles “Treat all women and men fairly at work – respect and support human rights and non-discrimination”.
- Celebrated 10 years of partnership with Reach for Change, during which Tele2 has been part in supporting over 1,200 social entrepreneurs in 18 countries, having a positive impact on over 2 million children and youth.
- Initiated the renewal of Tele2’s sustainability strategy, which was launched in January 2021.
I can proudly conclude that we held to our sustainability commitments throughout the pandemic. We initiated the renewal of our sustainability strategy, including gathering input from more than 9,000 internal and external stakeholders. As such, our new strategy will both provide business opportunities and contribute to the society and the environment., says Kjell Johnsen, CEO and President of Tele2 .